Monday, April 16, 2012

Back on the horse?

So after the 10K I took a week off from running. This morning as scheduled I got up to go run on the treadmill. However, on the way to the gym I decided why not be crazy and run outside? After all, the races are outside. Here is what I learned this morning while running..

1. Hammond,LA smelled awful outside this morning and made it incredibly hard to continue to run while smelling that awful smell.
2. Man do I HATE running but LOVE running all at the same time.
3. I prefer to run inside on a treadmill.I think because I can see my progress and how fast I am running.
4. I desperately want to run another 10k.
5. I wonder if I can survive a half-marathon.
6. I will run longer when I am inside on a treadmill than I will outside on campus.

I realize that is a random list of things to realize all while running but it is what it is.

Since I want to run another 10k I took it upon myself to google some that might be in my area. I didn't find any 10k's but I did find a million and one 5K's as well as something called a dualthlon. This peeked my interest and I am now considering signing up for the Bridgeman104 Duathlon. It starts with a 2 mile run then you switch to do a 10 mile bike ride, and end with another 2 mile run. Am I crazy? Possibly but I really think I am going to sign up for it. I will as always keep you posted!

Until then remember

No comments:

Post a Comment