Thursday, December 19, 2013

Crafting a little..

I am excited to report that I am officially on Christmas break!!! Which means it's crafting time!! I will have a lot of time on my hands this break and will be doing my best to keep myself busy to make the time fly. I plan on making some craft shirts for the Barker kids, making stockings, and re-learning how to crochet. Let's hope I can do it all!

Here are a few crafts I have made while waiting for Christmas break to roll around.


These blubber gloves were made for mine and Becca's science unit during the semester. We taught the kids about adaptation. This particular day was all about insulation. The Blubber Gloves are made with Lard (smells DISGUSTING) , and ziploc bags taped together with duct tape. They kids put their bare hands in ice cold water and saw how long they could keep it in. Then all the kids placed their hand inside the blubber glove and then back in the ice cold water. This was a fun interactive ways for the kids to understand how blubber aka insulation works for animals. It was a pretty cool experiment and one of my favorites to teach!! 



 I made these two beautiful ladies matching aprons again this year! These aprons are for year round use. I have decided that I want to make them matching aprons for every holiday throughout the year. We really like to be matchy matchy in this house! In fact we are all matching for our Christmas program on Sunday. My sister and her hubby are coming into town and they are matching with us too. I am pretty stoked about the whole thing. Don't worry I will be posting an awesome pit cute of the glorious matching Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment